Editor/Publications Manager to Stockholm, Sweden
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighbourhood. ISDP has two constituent parts: The Silk Road Studies Program and the Asia Program.
We seek a full-time Editor/Publications Manager to work closely with researchers and staff to manage and produce the Institute’s publications. The position entails independently overseeing all aspects of the publication process, including content and style-editing, fact-checking, proofreading, as well as liaising closely with project managers and outreach coordinator on planned publications. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong capacity to develop the quality of the Institute’s publications and research work.
Please note that this is not a research position although some research activity may be undertaken from time to time. The position ideally suits a candidate desiring to make an impact in a small organization.
Qualifications required for the position:
- Previous editing experience in academia, think tank, journalism, policy, or similar environment.
- Native English speaker with excellent editing and drafting skills as well as flair for writing.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and ability to rigorously fact check.
- Experience of copy-editing according to style guidelines (i.e. Chicago).
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, WordPress).
- A team player with an ability to coordinate effectively with co-workers and external researchers.
- Strong cross-cultural skills working together with others from different cultural backgrounds in a professional manner.
- Able to respond to instruction but also take the initiative in developing ISDP’s publication series.
- A Master’s degree in social science, public policy, journalism, or related discipline.
- A strong interest in the fields of peace, security, and politics
- Knowledge of layout programs such as Adobe InDesign
- Experience of travelling or having lived in an Asian country
- Knowledge of SEO optimization and social media management
The position of Editor/Publications Manager is initially for 12 months with the opportunity for extension.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, salary requirements, as well as a sample of their writing by October 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Editor/Publications Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.