ISDP Internship Program: Outreach and Publications Team
Are you looking for work experience in communications and editing in an international environment focusing on international security and development? Then you might be our next intern!
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between the issue areas of conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. The Institute strongly believes in ethnic diversity, gender equality, and religious and political freedom and firmly stands for it in all aspects of its work.
ISDP is looking for an Outreach and Publications intern for the duration of four – five months during the fall semester of 2018. The intern will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator, the Editor and the Institute’s programs and projects.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator and the Editor in planning outreach and publications strategies for the Institute
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in arranging events and seminars
- Assist the Editor in editing the Institute’s publications
- Assist in updating and creating content for the Institute’s website and social media pages
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator and the Editor in layout & photography
- Assist in the everyday work at ISDP
Qualifications and Competences
- Undergraduate degree (or close to completing a degree) in media and communications, area studies, social sciences or the humanities
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international team
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Previous experience in outreach and editing work is an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience in video editing and layout in InDesign an advantage but not a requirement
To apply, submit the following documents by August 12, 2018, by sending an email to Erik Isaksson – email@example.com. All documents should be in English and in PDF format. State clearly which position(s) in the ISDP Internship Program you apply for. The starting date of this position is August/September 2018. Due to the short time frame, recruitment might close early if the right candidate is identified.
- Motivation letter
- A 2-4-page written sample in English. The sample could be a university paper or similar text. Excerpts from longer papers are also accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over the phone. Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests. Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are unpaid and that we are unable to admit interns over summer