ISDP Internship Program: Stockholm Korea Center
Are you looking for work experience in the field of international security and development? Do you have a particular interest in Korea? Then you might be our next intern!
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding the understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between the issue areas of conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighborhood. ISDP strongly believes in ethnic diversity, gender equality, and religious and political freedom and firmly stands for it in all aspects of its work.
ISDP’s Stockholm Korea Center seeks to foster constructive dialogue and proposals on how to advance peace on the Korean Peninsula. To achieve this goal, the Stockholm Korea Center publishes regular analysis and opinion, hosts guest researchers from the Koreas, as well as holds seminars and forums. In so doing, it seeks to be a bridge between academic and policy communities in Europe and Northeast Asia.
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- Assist in the coordination of center activities, such as seminars, conferences, and meetings.
- Contribute to ISDP’s publications series
- News gathering and reporting
- Support the everyday work at ISDP
Qualifications and Competences
- Undergraduate degree (or close to completing a degree) in social sciences, economics, area studies or law
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Interest in the Korean Peninsula
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international team
- Knowledge of Korean is desired, but not a requirement.
To apply, submit the following documents by November 11, 2018, by sending an email to Erik Isaksson – firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be in English and in PDF format. State clearly which position(s) in the ISDP Internship Program you apply for. The starting date of this position is January/February 2019.
- Motivation letter
- A 2-4-page written sample in English. The sample could be a university paper or similar text. Excerpts from longer papers are also accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over the phone. Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests. Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are unpaid, that interns are required to provide by themselves accident and liability insurance, and that we are unable to admit interns over the summer.